Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where's Bruce?



P.S. This all started here.



Part 1: Where's Bruce?



Here's what Bruce looks like:









Here are some other ways Bruce might look:








Can you find Bruce? To zoom in, click the image below, then click the magnifying glass in the upper right, then look in the lower right for a way to slide your view around.












Section II: Who Are These People?


Take a look at this numbered image, and help match the names below to their proper numbers. Surely you can find yourself, right? But how many of your friends can you identify by their facial features alone? Leave a comment below saying which number is yours (some people will have more than one number), and see how many other people you can pick out. I'll add the numbers after the names as they come in.

P.S. In addition to the real Bruce, there are six close lookalikes designed specifically to fake you out. Or is it seven? It might be seven.

P.S. You can comment totally anonymously -- no email address or Google account required. Simply choose "Anonymous" from the "Select Profile" menu.



Division C: Acknowledgments

Many thanks to all the people who volunteered to dress up in ridiculous clothes and go take pictures of themselves in Inari Deeps.

Each person on the list below appears at least once in the image above. Some people appear more than once. In some cases, such as when eleven thousand people all wanted to stand right in front of the egg plant, I took the liberty of moving a person to a (usually) nearby location.




Abbey Rhode
Addi Bee [tilde heart] (36, 175)
Adoralie
Aleph Zero
a lifted pixel (86)
Ama Gad
Ambadastor (9)
Ameh.Loves.Fudge
Ancale
armi
Artistech
ArtofHands Robogirl
auntie skeptic
Avery [heart]
b3achy
Banyan
Bexley
Bodhi Sattva
Botsy
Brib Annie
Bruce
Butler
Cabana Boy
Candy Warhol
Cassandria
Cecily
Chazerei
cheywren
Cleops
Coconut
crème
DameChaos
deadkat
Deimaginator
diaveborn [heart]
dm
Dr. Babycat (166)
E D D I E
Eglatine (145)
Eleanor Rigby (4)
elka:queenoftypos
Enjah
ErinBaby
Generic Fake Bruce
Fauxfire
Fernstream (126)
Finley Linker (169)
Flowerry Pott (170)
Fnibbit (185)
Foofala Fury (167, 198)
foolbunny (158)
Frodo Alpha Turkey
Fyxxen
Gertie Mack
Ghost
Good Pilgrim
Green Meanie
Hab
haneway
Hellagood
Herp Derp (78)
IndigoRainbow
indiewindi
Innie [flower]
Itsatrap
IxÆoN (59, 176)
Jendaline
Jessenya
Jesus Christ
Jewel Stoned
Jezebel
Jibbify
Joy
Justalice999
Kaepora
Katechol
katlazam (83)
Keindy
KhaKhonsu
Kitty Howard
Kochanski
Liathea (65)
Lilith (100)
Little Miss Giggles
Luck Yeti Bowser (114, 146)
Lucysixty6
Luta
Mal’akh
matrix
MaxieMo
Merth
Metra (11)
Metranil
Miachia
Millie (68, 79)
Minkey
mira gaia maia
Miri Tazapin (204)
Miss Moneypenny
Misty Dawn
Mocha
Mr. Mindor (43)
Muncey Mango
Munchma Kuchi
natsumi (121)
Nimara
Nonoftat
Not a Princess
Note Pole
Nureyev
Ooola (125, 206)
Oristia (58)
Osprey
Pascale
Pearl
PhoebeGee (191)
PinkyDeath
Pixel Dirigible (31)
plou (157)
Puzz
Qwartz
Rascalmom (117)
RawBean
Reida (205)
Riverwalker (200)
roderick ordonez (2)
Rook (89)
sadiekate
Saro
Seaweed
SeerQueen
serenitycat
Sheepy
Shocker Mack
Siderian
Sirentist (25)
Sir Lagsalot
Sludge
snarkle (122)
Sped
Steelasp
Taco Assassin
The Pheebs
Tibbi
Tricky Woo
unicyclr
Varaeth (39, 202)
Vastra
Violet Faulds
Virginia Moon
Vocable (24)
Voluptua Sneezelips (148)
Vonte
Wandering Confusion
WebWeaver
Whitley
Ygasuasu
Zany Serendipity
Zira
zoesera
Zoisite

28 comments:

  1. THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME THING I EVER SAW!

    Okay, just kidding. Just making sure anonymous commenting is actually working as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 this is freakin' awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 = Lilith

    Great job! Thanks so much... this must have taken AGES to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously fantastic and I am in awe at the mind that thought it up.
    170 = Flowerry Pott

    ReplyDelete
  5. #205 is me, Reida

    and #43 is my hubby, Mr. Mindor, making a lovely face for the camera

    Awesome project and picture! This was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I think I am 23 and 158, plou is 157, yeti spaghetti is 114 and 146 (though not listed in your acknowledgements) and I'm fairly certain Bruce is 93 and/or 75.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, you are correct, foolbunny, that you are 158 and that one of plou is 157! But Yeti Spaghetti didn't participate in this project, hee!

    Also, there is only one Bruce, and, in order to not spoil the fun for everyone else, I won't be confirming or denying guesses until all the other people are accounted for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Metra=11
    Oristia=58?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! There is another Metra, though, and another Oristia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, Sirentist! May I ask how long it took to put together? :O

    Millie: 68 and 79

    It looks like EgIantine is 145 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I first published the thing asking for volunteers about a week and a half ago, then waited a few days before starting the cutting and pasting, so I guess it took about a week. A couple hours here, a couple hours there. I don't know how many hours all total, though. I'm not so good at keeping track of the passage of time, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm 185, but I'm proving terribly incompetent at identifying the others. I recognized Eglantine, but she's already spoken for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack! I have committed a most foul indiscretion! I did not mean yeti spaghetti - I meant luck Yeti Bowser! Damn, getting cuteness all mixed up again :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hm ... This is strange. Two comments came through to my email but don't seem to be appearing here. I'll copy paste them for now and if they eventually show up I'll just delete my comment.

    Sophia Rosalind said...

    I won't identify myself, 'cos where's the fun in that? ;) But:
    25 is our very own Sirentist
    36 and 175 are Addi Bee
    89 is Rook
    114 and 145 are Luck Yeti Bowser
    122 is Snarkle
    202 is Varaeth (maybe also 39 but I'm not pushing my luck :D )
    204 is Miri Tazapin

    How'd I do?



    Sophia Rosalind said...

    Oh! And:
    24 is Vocable
    126 is Fernstream

    ok...now I'll leave some for the other glitches to play with too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think 169 is Finley Linker.
    And 176 and 59 are IxÆoN.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay clearly Blogger is not registering some comments. So far it seems to be the ones who have (Google+) after their names.

    Barbara Ribling said...

    Well done! This is so much fun!



    And Liz Gosselin said...


    112.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, I'm an idiot. Apparently this thing published over on Google+ as well, and people are also commenting there? I hate technology.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heh. Techmology. And eyesight. LYB was 146, as foolbunny mentioned, not 145. Damn my eyes (to paraphrase Etta James).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dr. Babycat is 166! Can't...stop...looking...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute trick with the butler(#80) and his friend, #75... (BTW, #93 has green hair, Foolbunny, so not Bruce).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, Dr. Babycat is 166 ... and appears somewhere else, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Someone already found me! (39, 202)

    148 = Voluptua Sneezelips
    83 = katlazam
    86 = a lifted pixel
    117 = Rascalmom
    78 = Herp Derp
    4 = Eleanor Rigby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yep, Varaeth, all correct! You're an identifying ace.

    ReplyDelete
  24. PhoebeGee is at 191!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes ... and at one other location, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I see me_very cool! Thanks so much for this. Will add comments later.cant see much easily on my cell. Hugs_serenitycat.:D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Testing anonymous comments

    ReplyDelete